A disabled person is one who is impaired mentally or physically and not able to do one or more normal activities of life. Disability can limit their movements, senses, activities or any other thing. Disability can be caused by birth or by any injury or accident. It can be physical, mental or sensory disability. Like everyone, disable person also have rights in Islam.
Is disable child an bad omen or bad luck?
No, disable children are not bad luck or bad omen. They are the creation of Allah as well and Allah knows best what type of children should be born in the house of someone.
Rights of disabled (duties of Society)
- Make their life easy.
- Serve them.
- Take good care of them.
- Love them irrespective of their disability.
- Pray for them.
- Facilitate them.
- Teach them Islamic manners.
- Teach them Salah, Quran.
- Educate them.
- Do not discriminate on the basis of their disability. It is haram.
- If they are qualified then give them equal opportunities as normal people.
- Respect them.
- Make him feel like he is one of you.
Limitations on other people
- Don’t pity them.
- Don’t show sympathy but empathy.
- Help them if they ask for it.
- Don’t look at them like they have some problem.
- Do not insult them.
- Do not abuse or outcast them.
- Do not make fun of them.
(If you find any mistake in this article please feel free to contact us and point it out. We will try to correct it in the light of Quran and Sunnah. May Allah bless us all with the authentic knowledge of Islam. May this effort of ours ease the way of jannah for our family).