Al Kahliq means the creator. This attribute is used once in Quran for Allah Almighty. The word refers to an attribute which shows that He is a creator who does not need any sample to create things. He is the one who can create and bring everything from non-existence to existence.
Difference between Creation of Allah and Creation of Man:
Now a days, human beings create different things on daily basis but there is still a huge difference between creation of Allah and creation of man.
- Allah can create things without any raw material but man needs raw material( made by Allah) to create things.
- Allah can bring everything from non-existence to existence but man is unable to do that as he needs something to create from.
- Allah does not need a sample to create but man on contrary needs a sample to create.
- A man is dependent on the creations of Allah to create something but Allah is independent in His creation.
- Human mind is limited and restricted to think about creating something unseen but Allah and his creativity has no limits.
- A man needs time and strength to create something but Allah does not need time or strength to create. He just says“Kun” and it happens.
Explanation of Al Khaliq:
This attribute shows us that Allah is the sole creator of this universe. It does not mean that Allah is Al Khaliq that’s why He creates but He is a creator that’s why He creates things. The first thing created by Allah is the “Pen”. The time, appearance, qualities and nature of the thing is also a part of His creation. In Quran, the word “Ahsan ul Khaliqeen” is used for Allah (S.W.T) twice because He is the best creator.
Proof from Quranic verses:
- And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], ‘Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead – by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers. Surah Al e Imran verse 49.
- [The Day] when Allah will say, “O Jesus, Son of Mary, remember My favor upon you and upon your mother when I supported you with the Pure Spirit and you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and [remember] when I taught you writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and when you designed from clay [what was] like the form of a bird with My permission, then you breathed into it, and it became a bird with My permission; and you healed the blind and the leper with My permission; and when you brought forth the dead with My permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from [killing] you when you came to them with clear proofs and those who disbelieved among them said, “This is not but obvious magic.” Surah Al Maeda 110.
- And We have created above you seven layered heavens, and never have We been of [Our] creation unaware. Surah Al Mominoon verse 17.
Invocation through Al khaliq:
One can ask for safety through this attribute of Allah. This name. Is good to recite countlessly, for safety from calamities.
(If you find any mistake in this article please feel free to contact us and point it put. We will try to correct it in the light of Quran and Sunnah. May Allah bless us all with authentic knowledge of Islam. May this effort of ours ease the way to Jannah for our family Amin. )