- Powerful as no one can harm or give power him and no one can escape from His kingdom
- Immensely Strong
- One who does not like to see His followers in trouble
Mandatory Qualities of Al Aziz
Basically AL Aziz is the broad term but the following three are the mandatory qualities of Al Aziz.
Al Aziz should be precious as the one who is under your control or with whom you can meet is not precious.
You can call Al Aziz, everyone asks from day to day needs for. ALLAH is best known as AL Aziz because everyone in this universe is dependent on ALLAH for their day to day needs.
The one who is difficult to acquire by others is Al Aziz. ALLAH is everywhere and He is near than ones jugular vein but it is not easy for everyone to acquire His nearness.
Who is Al Aziz?
ALLAH as Al Aziz. In Quran the word Rab-Ul-Izat Is used for ALLAH az wajal. ALLAH is Al-Aziz.
Quran as Kitab-ul-Aziz
Kitab-ul-Aziz is the word for Quran that means the book of power. Quran is Kitab-ul-Aziz because it helps one during helplessness, grieves, trouble, sins etc. Quran also protects itself from any kind of change or alteration.
Holy Prophet(P.B.U.H) as Al Aziz
ALLAH used the word Aziz for His beloved Prophet (P.B.U.H) because he is the practical form of Quran so if a book is Kitab-ul-Aziz so its practical form is also Aziz.
Humans as Al Aziz
In verse 51 of Surah Yousuf, word Al Aziz is used for humans.
- Said [the king to the women], “What was your condition when you sought to seduce Joseph?” They said, “Perfect is ALLAH ! We know about him no evil.” The wife of al-‘Azeez said, “Now the truth has become evident. It was I who sought to seduce him, and indeed, he is of the truthful.
Proof of Al Aziz from Quran
- In the victory of ALLAH . He gives victory to whom He wills, and He is the Exalted in Might, the Merciful. Surah Al room verse 5.
- Our Lord, make us not [objects of] torment for the disbelievers and forgive us, our Lord. Indeed, it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.” Surah Al Mumtahina verse 5.
- ALLAH is Subtle with His servants; He gives provisions to whom He wills. And He is the Powerful, the Exalted in Might. Surah al Shoora verse 19.
Use of Al Aziz with Other Names
Al Aziz is one of those attributes of ALLAH, which is used in Quran very frequently. This attribute is mentioned in Quran 92 times. This attribute of ALLAH is used in combination with Al Hakeem, Al Raheem, Al Ghafoor and Al Ghaffar.
Al Aziz ul Hakeem
The attribute of ALLAH is used together for about 50 times. The main reason behind it is that every person who has some power, misuses this power and does not use his intellect but in the case of ALLAH, He is Aziz ( powerful) and Hakeem( wise) at the same time. His limitless power is accompanied with limitless intellect.
Al Aziz ul Raheem:
These attributes are used together for 13 times in Quran. A heart of a person with immense power becomes rigid but ALLAH is Aziz and Raheem as well as His power does not empower His mercy.
Al Aziz ul Gaffar, Al Aziz ul Ghafoor
These attributes are used together as well in Quran several times. A powerful person in the intoxication of his power, forgets to forgive others whereas ALLAH is the most powerful as well as most forgiving. He does not forget to forgive His creation.
Invocation from this Attribute
This attribute is best for everyone because a weak person can ask for strength, sinner for forgiveness, fearful for fearlessness, impatient for patience, disturbed for peace, disrespected for respect etc while using this attribute of ALLAH almighty.
(If you find and mistake in this article please feel free to contact us and point it out. We will try to correct it in the light of Quran and Sunnah. May ALLAH bless us all with authentic knowledge of Islam. May this effort of ours ease the way of Jannah for our family. Amin)